This Content From 2003 (or earlier) see index
Wish you were here
This is just a short list of people I no longer have a clue about, but still cross my mind once in a blue moon. Predictably, many of them are crushes from my school days, c'est la vie. If you're on this list, or if I'ma long lost person to you, give me the good word.
- Four-Winds Kids (the youngin's I grew up with on the commune). Latest news: They actually found me. I got email from Rachel and Amancay, both of them chastizing me for not being on this list. I visited them this past December -- saw Collen and Elayne and the old land -- and have seen Rachel and her mom here in NYC. I also went on a date with one of Rachel's friends from high school. Hope to pay a more organized visit to Hood River this summer.
- Cam (lived down the hall freshman year in Rubin, went back to california). Latest news: Caroline tells me she's heard from someone who says he's still alive.
- Gabrielle Lerner (middle school crush at Waldorf school). I heard she's going to the U of O, working at the Glenwood on campus.
- Max Wagner (high school friend, college friend, living in brooklyn?). He was living in trendy Williamsburg with Chesley, another cat from South Eugene High, but I lost track of that lead. Update: I saw him at the OCF and he said we was moving to Seattle. C'est la vie.
- Ian Goden Binum (childhood friend at Waldorf, heard he joined the navy). Dylan said he heard something...
- Brian von Moritz (childhood friend at Waldorf, heard he went to Germany) Update: got an email from him. Guess he's hitting it somewhere upstate NY. I havn't heard back.
- Caryn Johnson (high school crush, adolescent muse)
- Kayla van Allen (high school crush, crazy as all hell). Still living in Portland, according to Luke. Still crazy. Proof of that arrived (4/9/02), in an email from some guy I don't know, which was later (6/22/03) retracted by same, but not before Kayla saw it and emailed me.
Nice! The beat goes on.
You crazy intellectual maniac...what kind of hyper, over-active internet nonsense is this?
And what in God's name is that about me being a crack whore? I would tell you to take it down, but I think it makes for colorful reading, so leave it.
The truth is: I'm doing fucking FABULOUS!
- Lauren Gauche (high school crush, botched prom date). Also living in Portland. Dating "some old guy." Sounds about right.
[outlandish] | [people]
© Josh Koenig | If you don't want information about you to be here, I respect that. Let me know if you have any problems.
Blogroll: Stuff I read often, other blogs I know and love.
* denotes freshness
Big Wheels in Berkeley
I scored a set of west-coast wheels today at the Ashby BART station flea market. It's a very tall schwinn road bike, black, deceptively heavy but smooth-riding. Thirty-five dollars to boot. I oiled and cleaned the works, dialed in the bakes and took it out for a shake-down cruise immediately. Nice riding on a beautiful saturday, realizing how out of shape I am as I wheezed my way though the hilly area behind the Berkeley campus.
After about an hour I started to get the swing of it. Made some minor mechanical adjustments (including a free wheel truing at the bike collective on Shattuck), drank a few liters of water and started finding my groove, cruising up and around and ending up with a beautiful view of the whole bay. The roads here are not kind to the speed inclined -- too many stop signs and crosswalks and lights -- but it was good to get out and proj for a while. This changes my summer dramatically.
Smother Me With